Design & Features
The Weezy by Kind Pen (Visit Store) has a sleek rectangular-shaped body and measures 6″ tall and 4″ wide. It fits comfortably in my hand and can be easily put in any pocket/purse. It has a power button on the middle and another button on the side that pop-out the atomizer for easier loading and cleaning.
The Weezy has three major parts-
- Battery: The Weezy has a 700 mAh battery that could last a day or two of casual vaping. It has a micro-USB charging port which is a little disappointing since it charges much slower than similarly-priced wax pens that have a USB-C charging port.
- Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is connected by two magnets beside the atomizer. It's made of plastic and could get hot especially if you're using the Weezy for an extended period. Also, I think the magnet connectors aren't that strong since the mouthpiece sometimes falls off whenever the device is in my pocket.
- Atomizer: The Weezy features a Ceramic coil-less atomizer that can be easily removed by pressing the ‘pop-out' button on the side of the device. For those who don't know, Ceramic is a neutral material which means it does not have any effect on the flavor of the wax. Also, it has a slow heat time which means the vapor isn’t harsh or intense which I think suitable for beginners.
How To Use
The Weezy has a simple and intuitive design that has a single button to turn on/off the device and select the voltage settings. To use the Weezy you need to:
- Remove the mouthpiece.
- Press the button on its side to pop-out the atomizer.
- Dab your wax into the coil and replace the atomizer and mouthpiece.
- Press the power button five times to turn on the device.
- To change the voltage setting, press the power button twice.
- (Optional) Activate sesh mode by pressing the power button thrice.
- Hold the power button to start heating.
- Once the device has finished heating, inhale from the mouthpiece.
Sesh-Mode: The Weezy features a 15 seconds sesh mode which can be activated by pressing the power button thrice.
Voltage Settings: The voltage settings are as follow: 3.3V | 3.7V | 4.2V
Performance & Vapor Quality
The Weezy has a slow heat-up time compared to some vapes that use different coil types for extract vapes such as the Utillian 5 (Review) or Yocan X (Review). Since it heats the wax slowly, there's less burning of the wax and the vapor it produces is milder than the wax vapes I've mentioned above.
I usually put a dab of wax and vape at the lowest temperature (3.3V) so that the vapor is thin & wispy while extracting more flavor from the wax. I probably get 4-7 good hits before I need to load another bowl. For a $65 wax vape, the vapor quality is decent but it's not comparable to premium wax pens this 2022.
Overall, the Weezy is an appealing choice for beginners who want to start vaping without breaking the bank. It's simple and easy to use, portable, and produces surprisingly good vapor for its price. However, in my opinion, this is not the highest quality vape ever produced by Kind Pen, and I'm not sure if how long this vaporizer could last. So, if you want a durable vaporizer that produces fine-quality vapor, Puffco Plus (Review) or Dr Dabber Stella (Review) is a much more suitable choice.