Just like the original Summit, the Plus offers incredible value with high-end performance and super portability and durability. If you are an outdoor kind of person, you will love the Summit Plus and it will become your ultimate companion. The addition of the Smartphone app makes the Summit Plus even more functional and appealing. Highly recommended.
Best Deal: Buy the Summit Plus at Vape-smart and use coupon code thevapeguide581 to save 10% and purchase for $135. Great deal.
Summit Plus in-depth review:
The Summit Plus is the latest innovation from Vapium and is a much anticipated Portable Dry Herb Vape that is relatively affordable ($150) yet packs some advanced features usually only seen in more expensive units. The Summit + is an improved version of its predecessor, the original Summit which was a huge success and has been a game changer with its superior Vapor Quality, Durability, Ease-of-use, and yes I’ll say it again- price tag.
Prior to the Summit Vaporizer, users were facing 2 choices- Pay a lot of money ($200-$400) for a good Vaporizer that performed as promised, or save a bit and buy a rather cheaper unit ($100-$200) but compromise reliability and performance. The Summit changed all that as it was very well made, and was as functional as much more expensive units out there.
Summit+ Vaporizer Review
Unboxing, design and interface review, vapor quality and performance
The Summit + stands out from other vapes with its ability to operate in extreme (weather) conditions, and the target crowd is users who like camping, skiing, off-roading, or any other type of setting that requires a rugged, durable vaporizer. It is splash and dust proof, and can operate in extreme temperatures (0F- 176F | -18C- 80C). Add this to incredible vapor quality and a 2-year warranty, and you can quickly see why the Summit has been so popular.
The Summit + is an improved version of the original unit, and Vapium upgraded a few key features of the Vape-
- Enhanced Battery– the Summit + lithium battery got bumped to 3300mAh providing more power and has a pass-through allowing use while plugged into the charger.
- Stronger Magnet– to keep the mouthpiece in place. Vapium also added a secure ring to keep the lid firmly in place.
- Built-in Stir Tool– The Summit + incorporates a built-in tool to stir, mix, and clean the bowl.
- Splash Proof– the Summit + is IP54 rating certified against dust and splashing water.
- Extreme Conditions Operation– as mentioned, the Summit + can operate from 0-176 degrees Fahrenheit (-18-80 celsius). Remember that time on the ski lift trying to light up that joint while wearing those heavy gloves? No more 😉
- And my favorite upgrade: The smartphone app– The Summit + is now Bluetooth enabled and has a smartphone app allowing to control temperature or other settings from a mobile app (free). More on that in a little bit.
While not a lot changed with the exterior of the Summit, the overall performance and functionality got substantial upgrades that will make the Summit+ even more appealing. Even if you are not the “Extreme Sports” type of person, you can’t ignore the incredible value of getting all this for $150.
The closest competitor for the Summit plus at the moment is the G Pen Elite Vaporizer, and while the Elite is more elegant and sleek the Summit is more suitable for a rough environment and has a sturdier built. Summit Plus is one of my top picks for the Best Vaporizers of this year.
A few other features I liked about the Summit Plus versus other Vapes-
- The easy draw mouthpiece- when taking a draw (from any vaporizer), you will encounter some resistance as the air pulls into the chamber and to the mouthpiece (think drinking a smoothie with a thin straw). The Draw resistance of the Summit + was extremely low, and taking draws was easy and natural.
- Stainless Steel Airpath: The Summit + features a laser cut and welded stainless steel continuous air path that produces a supreme tasting vapor. There is no plastic anywhere in the airpath, just like you would expect from a high-end vaporizer.
- Simple LED interface- displays the temperature settings and battery level.
- Temperature Control- the Summit + will allow you a choice of 8 different temperature levels between 330-440F or 160-230C. I personally experienced the best results on 375F.
- Ergonomic Design- The Suumit+ feels right. Not sure if it the rubber bottom, the well-balanced center of gravity, or the easily accessible big bold buttons. Something about this Vape feels natural to hold and convenient to use.
- Vibration Alerts- the Summit Plus offers stealth notifications and will vibrate when reaching the desired temperature.
- Micro USB charger- no special ports or cables. Just a standard micro USB port so you can use your existing smartphone charger.