Kozo Herb Grinder Kit
- Kozo 4-piece Herb Grinder
- Kief scraper
Key Features of the Kozo Herb Grinder
- Compatible w/ dry herb
- Indented finger holds make it easier to grip
- Deep collection chamber holds a lot of herb
- Strong, secure magnetic connections
- Retails for $19.95 from Amazon
Kozo Herb Grinder Design
The Kozo is 2.5” in diameter and 1.5” tall when all 4 pieces are assembled together, that means that it’s not too tall and can easily fit into a purse or backpack. You won’t have to worry about it falling apart and spilling its contents because it has a sturdy aluminum build with strong magnetic connections. One of the other updates is that now you have a variety of colors to choose from, not just basic black.
The indentations on the grinder increase grip leverage, giving users more torque when grinding. This helps to make the Kozo a little easier to use than other manual grinders. The teeth are trapezoidal in shape and the hole filters are round, which makes it easy for the ground herb to fall into the collection chamber. The grinding chamber has a non stick surface so cleaning it is easy—that is, when you have to clean it at all.
How to Use the Kozo Herb Grinder
- Remove the top lid, place your herb in the chamber, replace the top lid.
- Start grinding by twisting the first chamber back and forth in the opposite direction of the other chambers.
- Remove the top two chambers to expose the collection chamber.
- Transfer the herb to your vaporizer’s heating chamber.
Performance of the Kozo Herb Grinder
The Kozo grinds the weed to a nice consistency that works well in all vaporizers. However, it doesn’t quite grind the herb down to the fine, powdery consistency you get with other manual grinders. That is because of the trapezoid shaped teeth, they do a good job but diamond shaped teeth are the ideal in manual grinders.
I still got nicely flavored vapor when using the ground herb from the Kozo with a quality dry herb vape like the Argo. However, the slightly larger pieces mean that I don’t get as much of that vapor as with more finely ground weed.
Fortunately, grinding up more weed when I need it is simple thanks to the indented finger holds. Grinding just feels faster with the Kozo than other manual grinders. The larger collection chamber is also a nice improvement and I like that herb doesn’t get stuck in the grinding chamber.