Industry leader Storz & Bickel made some pretty huge announcements including a new Onyx edition for the Volcano, improvements on the Crafty+, and finally the release of the much-awaited Mighty+! Watch the S&B keynote below and get to know what’s new and next for this legendary brand. I also break down all the new features of these devices, and can’t wait to get them so I can write a full review. Stay tuned!
A Ground-breaking Keynote
A keynote video just released by S&B had the entire TVG team sitting on the edge of our seats! We’re all such huge Storz & Bickel (visit store) fans and they don’t make announcements like this very often. Since the Crafty+ and had been released in 2019 – S&B had kept quiet and had not released any new or updated devices since – till today! (September 9, 2021). On a keynote video released on the Storz & Bickel website and YouTube Channel, they announced new updates and improvements for nearly every device in their product line.
S&B has always been the leader and standard-setter in the vaporizer market and since releasing their flagship Volcano (review | buy) in 2000, all of their products have remained at top of the line in innovation, performance, and vapor quality. When their portables, the Crafty and Mighty (review | buy) were launched in 2014, they set new standards for portable vaporizers. Raising the bar much higher for all other manufacturers out there.
New Volcano Onyx and the Improved Crafty+
Both the Volcano Classic and Hybrid are now available in a matte, powder-coated onyx finish and the Crafty+ now has a ceramic filling chamber and USB-C charging that reduces charging time by 25 minutes. But the biggest (and best) announcement of all is about the new and very much improved Mighty +.
The New Mighty+ (Plus)
The Volcano and the Mighty are one of the very few dry herb vaporizers that are TUV certified for medical use. S&B has always been particular about the safety and medical application of their devices, and now the Mighty+ is the first-ever vaporizer to carry the UL logo. The Mighty+ conforms to UL8139, which guarantees the safety of the battery, charging, electrical, and heating components.
During the keynote, S&B founder Jurgen Bickel stated that one of the secrets to the success of their devices has always been their customer-centered philosophy and that proves true on the Mighty +. The Mighty +’s new features and updates are everything we all wanted for this device.
Here’s a quick breakdown of everything that’s changed:
- USB-C: They’ve done away with the old proprietary charger, and replaced it with USB-C. Which comes with a new supercharge feature that can deliver an 80% charge in 40 minutes. This new USB-C port is also accompanied by a resigned circuit board to accommodate the new 45W power output.
- A new medical-grade plastic shell: On the outside, it might look pretty much the same, but S&B has replaced the material with a new medical-grade plastic that’s resistant to both chemicals and heat. This plastic was specifically created to house medical devices – which makes complete sense for the device since it is the only portable vaporizer to be certified for medical use. The fins that line the exterior of the device are now curved and optimized for grip and feel. They also serve as gaps between your hand and the warmer sections of the device.
- Pops of color in S&B’s signature orange: The LED display seems to be the same, but the buttons that flank either side of it, and the Mighty + logo are now in S&B’s signature orange – a pretty fun pop of color on an otherwise all-black device.
- Feet to keep the device upright: At the bottom of the Mighty + is an update all vaporizer fans love – it now has small feet so it can stand on its own. The formerly curved bottom of the Mighty made filling the top-mounted bowl quite a challenge without a stand, so this is pretty neat.
What’s New Under the Hood
- New ceramic-lined filling chamber: The filling chamber is now coated in ceramic, just like on the Crafty +.
- Faster heat-up time: The Mighty + still uses S&B’s patented hybrid heating system – but its mass has been significantly reduced to make it more efficient. This improvement resulted in a fast heat-up time of 60 seconds.
- Super booster: To make sure we all get the most out of our herb, there’s now an additional pre-set temperature: The Superbooster. Triple clicking the power button now raises the current temperature by 60F.
Definitely leave it to S&B to make such a big announcement and shake the vaporizer market. Both of the Onyx Edition Volcanoes are now available to purchase directly from the Storz & Bickel website, while the updated Crafty + will be available on September 16th, 2021. The highly awaited Mighty+ is priced at $399 and comes out on September 23, 2021
I definitely can’t wait to get my Mighty + so I can write the full review! Stay tuned!