BEST DEAL: $34.99 directly from KandyPens use coupon code TVG25 to save 25% sitewide
The vapor quality of this thing is amazing. It is activated instantly with each draw, and it worked better than I expected! The flavor was top notch, which I also attribute to the juice that I used- Element e-Liquid. The feather worked well with both mouth to lung and direct draws. It is small, it is sleek, it easily fits in a pocket, and it feels natural to hold and use. Great little vaporizer.
KandyPens Feather Background
I’m excited to bring you the KandyPens Feather Electronic Cigarette Review ($35 from KandyPens, coupon code TVG25 for 25% off). Why am I so excited, you ask? Well, because this is the first ever KandyPens eCig, or as they are called these days—pod systems.
KandyPens has made some of the Best Vape Pens I’ve tested this year, so I’m thrilled to test their pod system.
The feather has a refillable pod, and is specifically designed to be used with nicotine salt e-liquids, but you can also use it with regular e-liquid. I test mine with the new Element NS20 from Element e-Liquids, my preferred juice company. Nicotine salt e-liquids are becoming very popular right now because they allow delivery of a higher nicotine content with less of a throat hit (stronger buzz, smoother drags).
Best Deal: $34.99 from KandyPens, use coupon code TVG25 to save 25% sitewide.
KandyPens Feather eCig Kit
The KandyPens Feather kit contains everything you need to get started (hardware wise).
- The KandyPens Feather unit, battery & mouthpiece
- One refillable 2ml tank
- MicroUSB charger + manual.
If you’ve got your e-Juice already, you’re all set. If not, as I mentioned before—I used one from Element and I recommend checking them out.
KandyPens e-Cig Key Features
- Made specifically for use with nicotine salt e-liquids
- works w/ traditional eJuice too
- Small, light, super sleek
- Amazing vapor quality ~ legit clouds
- Replaceable 2ml pods with leak-proof design
- Works with both mouth-to-lung and direct-draw vaping
- Retails for $35 directly from KandyPens, coupon code TVG25 for 25% off sitewide.
Design of the KandyPens Feather
The Feather is very small and stylish. It feels nice and natural to the touch, and is well constructed—made from high-quality materials. It has a micro USB charging port and a few LED lights on the side which indicate the current battery level.
How to use the KandyPens Feather Pod System:
Using the Feather is easy:
- Separate the tank from the battery, open the small rubber filling plug.
- Fill the tank about 3/4 of the way with nic salt e-liquid, close the plug.
- PRIME YOUR COIL! (Further details below).
- Inhale from the mouthpiece.
I test my KandyPens Feather with the new NS20 nic salt e-liquid from Element. If you follow my reviews, you know that Element is my favorite juice manufacturer; their flavors are spot on and they use top quality ingredients in their e-juice.
NS20 isn’t available in the US yet due to FDA regulations—I had mine shipped from the UK because I was dying to test it. Their 555 tobacco flavor won “Best Tobacco Line” at the vapor expo in the UK—one of the largest in the world.
How to prime your coil
As with any pod system, you need to prime your coil very well before using a new pod for the first time. This is because there is a small cotton pad inside the tank, which needs to be completely soaked in e-liquid before it heats up. Otherwise, it’ll burn, and your tank will not work well—causing dry, burned hits (bummer).
Priming your coil is a short, 5 minute process (do not skip!):
- Fill and close the tank / let sit for 5 min
- While not connected to the battery, shake device occasionally—taking occasional hits.
- Simply breathe in through the mouthpiece, as you normally would.
This process forces the liquid to soak into the coil. Always do this process the first time you use a new tank.
After priming your coil, slide the tank into the battery and you’re ready to go. The Feather is air activated, meaning that there’s no “fire” button (it’s automatically activated when you inhale).
KandyPens Feather e-Cig Vapor Quality
The vapor quality of the Feather is pretty awesome. It activates instantly with each draw, and it works much better than I expected it would. The flavor is top notch, which I also attribute to the juice that I used: Element e-Liquid. Another great thing about the Feather is that it works with both mouth-to-lung and direct-draw vaping methods.
Mouth-to-Lung, or MTL. Vapor is inhaled into the mouth—where the user allows it to rest for a moment—before inhaling into the lungs.
Direct Draw, or DD. Also called direct-to-lung vaping, is when the user inhales the vapor directly into the lungs. This feels more natural because it’s just like breathing.
Smokers are used to the MTL vaping method because it’s how regular cigarettes function. Early model e-Cigs closely mimicked cigarettes, so this was really the only method. These days, advanced e-cigs like the Feather easily allow for both MTL and DD vaping.
KandyPens Feather vs JUUL eCig
- Pod systems. The Feather is an open pod system, it supports re-fillable tanks that you can use with your own e-liquids. The JUUL is a closed pod system that only works with pre-filled cartridges.
- Size. Both e-cigs are very convenient + portable.
- Power. The JUUL has a 200mAh battery, the Feather has a more powerful 380 mAh.
- Charging. JUUL uses a magnetic charger, the Feather uses a micro USB cable.
- Usage method. The Feather and the Juul are both air-activated.
- Price. The Feather costs $35 from KandyPens, the JUUL is $50 from JUUL Vapor.
KandyPens Feather Bottom Line
The KandyPens Feather works well with both mouth-to-lung and direct-draw vaping. It’s small and stylish, fits comfortably in a pocket, and feels natural to hold and use. The Feather is a great little e-cig.
The Feather retails for $34.95 directly from KandyPens. Use coupon code TVG25 for 25% off.
KandyPens Feather Video Review
Where to buy the KandyPens Feather?
- Buy directly from KandyPens ($35) and use coupon code TVG25 to save 25%.