$48.99 from VaporDNA >>
An excellent starter kit for both new and advanced vapers. This little powerhouse can satisfy the vaping needs of any vaper, with any atomizer, and any eliquid. A stellar achievement as a follow-up version to the iStick Pico.
Recommended store: Buy from an Authorized Dealer VaporDNA.
In-Depth iStick Pico Mega Review
The new iStick Pico Mega by eLeaf is a mega version of the popular vape mod by eLeaf the iStick Pico. But what makes this mega compared from its brother Pico is it’s compatible with an 18650 cell and a 26650 cell. Also, it has an output watts of 80W compared to Pico which only has 75W, and you can upgrade the output up until 100W when you install the upgraded firmware. Plus, it comes with a Melo III Atomizer, new Smart Mode, easily used custom logo, and a simplified Wattage Mode interface.
Features of Eleaf iStick Pico Mega
- Size: 53.5 x 31.5 x 73.5mm
- Thread type: 510 thread
- Cell type: High-rate 18650 cell (Continuous discharge current should be above 25A)
- Cell type High-rate 26650 cell (Continuous discharge current should be above 35A)
- Output mode: Smart/VW/Bypass/TC (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR-M1, M2, M3) Mode
- Output wattage: 1-80W (100W with firmware update (Mac and PC)
- Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
- Resistance range: 0.1-3.5ohm (Smart/VW/Bypass mode)
- Temperature range: 100－315℃/200－600℉ (TC modes)
- Color: Hot Pink, Black, Grey, Silver, White
iStick Pico Mega vs iStick Pico
18650-adapter sleeve – Makes switching from your 18650 to the 26650 as simple as it can certainly be. The adapter sleeve is placed in the battery casing to save lots of space and can quickly lifted out.
A larger, more readable OLED Display – The larger display within the Pico Mega is squarer than the original Pico. The figures of the display is a bit richer and larger.
Framework/Chassis – It is more of a triangular square, with one edge a little bit bigger than the other to accommodate a 26650 cell. It fits in the palm nicely when the wider end tucks into your palm.
Melo III Sub Ohm Tank – The full-size Melo 3 keeps 4mL of e-liquid, 22mm in dimension, made with high-grade 304 Stainless Steel, and is available in Black and Silver. The Melo III features a significant Top-Fill System and hidden airflow system underneath the tank.
Additional coil heads include;
One EC 0.3-ohm – Stainless Steel
One EC 0.5-ohm – Stainless Steel
Upgrading and Charging the iStick Pico Mega
Like many vape mods from eLeaf, the batteries within this model can be charged, as well as updating the firmware using the included USB cable. However, we suggest having an exterior battery charger to load the batteries quicker and safer.
Upgrading the firmware is as simple as downloading the upgrade app for Mac or PC. Just launched the upgrade app and follow the simple directions.
Basic Functions of the iStick Pico Mega
- 5 Clicks to Turn On/Off, 10 Clicks to see the Temperature of the Mod, and 20 Clicks to see the firmware version.
- To get into your TCR Settings – Press and hold the Fire Button and the Plus Button for a few seconds and choose from M1,M2,M3. To get out of the settings just click 5 times.
- Stealth Mode (display off always) – Press and hold the Fire Button and the Minus adjustment button for a few seconds to get access to Stealth On/Off.
- Locking – Press and hold the Fire Button and the Plus adjustment button at the same time for a few seconds until the display reads “Locked”. Do this again to unlock the Mod.
- Reverted Display – Press and Hold Plus/Minus buttons while the Mod is OFF. After a couple of seconds, the display will switch for right/left handers.
- Wattage/Bypass/Smart/TC/TCR Mode Switching – Press the Fire button 3 times quickly to begin navigating through the various modes, including the 3 memory slots.
- *Other complicated functions, you can refer to the user manual and follow the directions and you’ll be just fine.
You will appreciate Pico Mega if you like your iStick Pico for certain. Although it’s a bit bigger, especially with all the full-size Melo III, it’s nonetheless a little mod. The Melo 3 on the other hand, changes its e-liquid capacity to 4ml and a new removable wide bore drip tip. And so far, it works well. Up until now, 6 days later the Melo III has no leaks or any issues. The Melo III is every bit as good as the Melo III Mini, and also the performance is unreal. A great deal of good taste and lots of vapor with the coil heads.
When I figure out that the iStick Pico Mega could use a 26650 battery I instantly put a 26650 and removed the 18650-adapter sleeve and inserted the battery. The device has a little more weight to it but not actually close-to-being uncomfortable to hold. The Battery Life is amazing. Although, I can go all morning with hefty vaping and still have about 25% energy left. Moving the design to be compatible with the 26650 cell was a great decision.
I’m not mad about the modification buttons being around at the bottom of the mod, Actually, I’m used-to-it (the original Pico could be the same way). It does make sense since eLeaf squeezed so many features onto the smallest possible space, so they had to go somewhere to put on.
theVape.guide recommend this for
I’m a big fan of the Pico, it’s an awesome and flawless size device that does everything. With the Pico Mega, it’s an exact same device. Basically, all it does is it has 5 more watts and you can use 26650 or 18650 battery with a different style and bigger tank which is the Melo III (Original Pico has the Melo III Mini).
If you already have the Pico, do you need to go out and buy this new version? Personally, I don’t see why you have to purchase this. The original Pico is an awesome and flawless device already. Now, if you want more battery life or you like the ergonomic style of the Pico Mega? I totally recommend this, it’s a nice and reliable device, it fits right in your hand and it comes in different colors. Nice work eLeaf!