Is the DaVinci Miqro (Review | Buy) really ready to take on the Pax 3 (Review | Buy)? After all, the Pax 3 is an industry legend and one of the Best Dry Herb Vaporizers ever made. However, the Miqro is no slouch, and since it happens to share some DNA with another one of the best weed vapes, the DaVinci IQ, maybe it’s ready to step up to the plate.
That means that this fight is a lot more fair than it may seem at first glance. Yes, the Pax 3 has a feature list a mile long, but even so, the Miqro has its own set of premium features. So which of these high quality vapes should you choose? Keep reading the DaVinci Miqro vs Pax 3 comparison to find out.
DaVinci Miqro vs Pax 3 Comparison: Design and Features
The DaVinci Miqro is compatible with dry herb.
The Pax 3 is compatible with dry herb and wax concentrates.
The sheer portability of the Miqro is its standout feature, but it also has the IQ’s Smart Path mode that gradually increases the temperature while you vape. The Miqro also has a pearl on the inside of the chamber cover that adjusts the oven size and provides more even heat distribution. Along with precision temperature control, the Miqro gives users a lot of customization options.
The Pax 3’s feature list is exhaustive, but I’ll stick to the more salient points. Its smartphone app gives you unprecedented control over the vaporizer, in particular its dynamic modes, which give you a more customized vaping experience. You can also choose from three different oven lids to adjust the size of the oven.
These are a great list of features, but it’s worth noting that the Miqro’s Smart Path doesn’t require a smartphone app, and that its oven size adjuster is built in.
The Miqro will win this category against pretty much any weed vape. It’s pocket friendly even with the extended mouthpiece attached.
The Pax 3 is pretty portable too, it’s just under four inches tall, so portability isn’t much of an issue, even with the raised mouthpiece.
Oven and Heating
Miqro – The smaller Miqro has the smaller oven of course, but it still holds enough herb for a good solo session.
- Heating System – Conduction
Pax 3 – The Pax 3 has a nice sized oven that holds up to 0.3 grams of herb, which is about average for weed vapes this size.
- Heating system – Conduction
- Handsome, elegant design
- Interesting 15 grid LED display
- Very easy to use
- Zirconium pearl in oven is a nice feature
- Extremely portable
- Replaceable battery
- Gets hot after a while
- Flat mouthpiece is not ideal
- Stylish, iconic design
- Very simple interface
- Magnetic pieces make assembly easy
- Haptic feedback is a great feature
- Lip-sensing technology makes vaping simple
- Smartphone app is necessary for advanced customization
- Finish on glossy models is a fingerprint magnet
Reliability and Warranty
DaVinci Miqro – The IQ is a reliable, durable device that still works perfectly after years of use. I expect the same to be true for the Miqro, considering how similar they are. If that’s not the case, I’ll let you know ASAP.
- Warranty: 5 Years
Pax 3 – The simple design and anodized aluminum body of the Pax 3 makes it one of the most reliable vapes around. After all, it wouldn’t have the reputation it does if it were constantly breaking down.
- Warranty: 10 Years
Battery and Charging
|DaVinci Miqro||Pax 3|
|Battery Type||18350 Li Ion||3500 mAh Li Ion|
|Battery Duration||20 - 30 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Charge Time||1 Hour||USB: 2.5 Hours AC Adapter: 90 Minutes|
The DaVinci Miqro Explorer’s Collection includes an extra battery that can replace the drained one.
DaVinci Miqro vs Pax 3: Ease of Use
- Very intuitive to use
- Easy to load
- Useful interchangeable battery
- Very easy to load and use
- Magnetic connections keep things simple
- Smartphone app is simple and useful
Davinci Miqro vs Pax 3: Operational Differences
How to Use the Miqro
- Open the herb chamber, fill it with your herb, and then close it up.
- (Optional) Use the pearl to adjust the oven size before placing herb in the chamber.
- Click the power button 5x to power up the Miqro.
- Once powered up, click the power button to switch between precision heating and Smart Path mode.
- Use the up/down buttons to select the temperature/Smart Path.
- Once heating is complete, inhale from the mouthpiece.
The Miqro is very easy to use, as befits a vaporizer meant to be used while you’re out and about. There is no step in its operation that takes more than a few seconds.
How to Use the Pax 3
With Dry Herb
- Remove your choice of lid from the oven, fill the chamber with finely ground herb, then replace the lid.
- Press down on the mouthpiece to turn on the Pax 3 and wait until the LEDs change from purple to green.
- Enter temperature selection mode by pressing down on the mouthpiece for two seconds, cycle through the temps by quickly pressing down on the mouthpiece.
- Exit temperature selection by pressing down in the middle of the mouthpiece or shaking the Pax 3.
- Once selected temp has been reached, inhale from the mouthpiece to start vaping.
With Wax Concentrate
- Select the concentrate insert, open it, put your wax inside, and then close it up.
- Attach the concentrate insert to the Pax 3.
- Turn on the Pax 3, enter temperature selection mode and choose the highest temperature.
- Once the temperature has been reached, inhale from the concentrate mouthpiece to start vaping.
The Pax 3 is a breeze to use no matter which substance, mouthpiece, or oven lid you choose. The set up and the start of vaping are quick and easy. The dry herb performance of the Pax 3 is exemplary, but the concentrate performance isn’t as good. You can use the smartphone app to ramp up the temp a little more, but a dedicated wax vaporizer will outperform it every time.
DaVinci Miqro vs Pax 3 Comparison: Final Thoughts
It’s Easy. If portability and convenience are your number one priorities, then it’s the Miqro all the way. It has impressive customization options without the need for any extra accessories to fiddle around with. Just grab it and you’re good to go.
If you want a bunch of cool features and don’t mind using your smartphone to access some of them, then it’s the Pax 3 for you. Even without those features, the Pax 3 is still terrific, but the Miqro offers more smartphone-free, accessory-free features.
Thanks for reading my DaVinci Miqro vs Pax 3 comparison, you can’t go wrong with either one of the Best Weed Vaporizers around, it’s just a question of how portable you want your vape to be.