The DaVinci Miqro (Review | Buy) and the Arizer Air 2 (Review | Buy) are both worthy follow-ups to two Great Dry Herb Vaporizers. The Miqro is a mini version of the legendary DaVinci IQ and the Air 2 is a much improved version of the Arizer Air.
So, which of these weed vapes is the one you should get? It depends on a few factors that I’ll go into over the course of this DaVinci IQ vs Arizer Air 2 comparison. What I can tell you right now is that you can’t go wrong with either one. So, without further ado, let’s get this comparison started.
DaVinci Miqro vs Arizer Air 2 Comparison: Design and Features
The Miqro is compatible with dry herb only.
The Air 2 is compatible with dry herb, but it can serve as a diffuser for aromatic herbs as well.
The tiny Miqro slips easily into any pocket or receptacle like it was designed specifically for that space. It has a smart path mode that increases the temperature as you vape. The Miqro also has a zirconium pearl on the inside of the oven cover that enhances heat distribution and adjusts the size of the oven.
Arizer Air 2
The Air 2’s standout feature is the long borosilicate glass mouthpiece. It makes the loading procedure extremely simple and keeps the vapor pure and cool. It can also double as an aromatherapy device if you place the appropriate herbs in the chamber and use the included aromatherapy dish.
No surprise the Miqro wins this round, it’s as small as a weed vape can get while still giving the user a range of customization options. You won’t have to think twice about taking it with you, no matter where you go.
The Air 2 requires a little more planning and preparation. It’s nearly 5 inches tall before you attach the glass mouthpiece, so, it won’t exactly fit in your pocket. Fortunately, Arizer saw fit to include a handy carrying case that can hold the Air 2, its mouthpiece, and a spare battery.
Oven and Heating
Miqro: The Miqro has the smaller oven, as you would expect, but it holds enough herb for a nice solo session, so as long as you don’t plan to share, you’ll be fine.
- Heating System – Conduction
Arizer Air 2: The Air 2 has an easy-to-load oven that holds 0.2 grams of herb, which is good for 12 to 15 hits per session.
- Heating System – Convection
- Stylish, elegant design
- Eye-catching and informative 15 LED light grid display
- Simple to operate
- Pearl in oven chamber can adjust oven size
- Very portable
- Interchangeable battery
- Body heats up after extended use
- Flat mouthpiece is not the better choice
The Arizer Air 2
- Feels comfortable to hold
- OLED screen is clear and informative
- Glass vapor path ensures pure, cool vapor
- Simple controls
- Replaceable battery
- Low maintenance
- Glass mouthpiece requires extra care
- Fairly nondescript design
Reliability and Warranty
DaVinci Miqro – The IQ is still going strong and since the Miqro has the same basic design principles, I expect it to have a long life as well.
- Warranty: 5 Years
Arizer Air 2 – Arizer is known for their reliability and the Air 2 upholds their standard for quality. You just have to be careful with the glass mouthpieces since obviously they can break if you’re not careful.
- Warranty: 2 Years
Battery and Charging
|DaVinci Miqro||Arizer Air 2|
|Battery Type||18350 Li Ion||18650 LI Ion|
|Battery Duration||20 - 30 Minutes||60 - 75 Minutes|
|Charge Time||1 Hour||3 - 4 Hours|
DaVinci Miqro vs Arizer Air 2 Comparison: Ease of Use
- Simple to use
- Highly portable
- Replaceable battery
Arizer Air 2
- Very easy to use
- Simple herb loading
- Low maintenance
DaVinci Miqro vs Arizer Air 2: Operational Differences
How to Use the Miqro
- Open the herb chamber, fill it with your herb, and then close it up.
- (Optional) Use the pearl to adjust the oven size before placing herb in the chamber.
- Click the power button 5x to power up the Miqro.
- Once powered up, click the power button to switch between precision heating and Smart Path mode.
- Use the up/down buttons to select the temperature/Smart Path.
- Once heating is complete, inhale from the mouthpiece.
With great portability comes great simplicity, so the Miqro is pretty simple to use when you’re on the go. It also produces more flavorful vapor than many larger weed vapes.
How to Use the Arizer Air 2
- Power up the Air 2 by holding down the power button for 3 seconds.
- Choose your temperature using the up and down arrows.
- Place the base of the mouthpiece into your herb, remove it and tap the packed herb slightly to create a slight gap between the herb and the base opening.
- Place the mouthpiece on the herb chamber and inhale to start vaping.
The Air 2 has one of the simplest—and fastest—loading procedures in vaping, no extra tools necessary. The mouthpiece also produces great flavor because it helps to cool down the vapor and the glass doesn’t affect the flavor of the vapor.
DaVinci Miqro vs Arizer Air 2 Comparison: Final Thoughts
The DaVinci Miqro (Review | Buy) and the Arizer Air 2 (Review | Buy) both live up to the high standards of the other vaporizers from their respective companies. But you don’t care about that, you just want to know which one is the better choice for you.
The Miqro is the choice if portability and convenience are what you need. It’s one of the more travel-friendly, solo-use weed vapes available and it packs a lot of customization options into a small package.
The Air 2 is another good solo vape, but it’s better for home use than travel. However, that’s offset by the fact that it gives you some of the coolest, purest vapor around.
These are two of the Best Weed Vapes around, so the choice comes down to whether you plan on vaping at home or vaping on the go. Once you’ve made that choice, you’ve got your vaporizer. Thanks for reading my DaVinci Miqro vs Arizer Air 2 comparison, you can’t go wrong with either one.