Crafty + Mighty Review
TVG reviews products
The Good: Outstanding vapor quality | Low draw resistance | Very durable | Easy to maintain
The Bad: Crafty needs the smartphone app for granular temperature control | Mighty is large for a portable vape
The Bottom Line: Crafty & Mighty are two of the best dry herb vaporizers around. Simple to use, cheap (and easy) to maintain, and they deliver big performance. Each vape has it’s pros and cons but both vapes represent vaping at it’s best.
$279 | $349 Visit Vape-Smart
Use coupon code TVG10 to save 10%
Kit and Accessories
- Crafty vaporizer
- Filling aid
- Herb mill for grinding up your herb
- Drip pad for using wax concentrates
- One dosing capsule
- Cleaning brush & replacement screens
- USB cable/power adapter
- Mighty vaporizer
- Filling aid
- Herb mill
- Drip pad
- One dosing capsule
- Cleaning brush & replacement
screens Walloutlet adapter
Compatibility: The Crafty and the Mighty are both compatible with dry herb and wax concentrates.
- The dosing capsule included in either kit can be pre-filled with herb and then placed in the oven when you’re ready to vape. You can get more of them in sets of eight or forty.
- You can also get a handy capsule caddy that holds a maximum of four dosing capsules and that can be attached to your keychain.
- The included herb grinder is a nice option, but for an even better grind try the SLX Grinder, which is available on Amazon.
Design and Features
The Crafty and the Mighty are both tough, rugged vaporizers that put function over style. They each have hard, plastic bodies that feature a finned design for dissipating excess heat. The result is that neither of them gets hot while they’re being used. They also have a swiveling mouthpiece that folds away when not in use and feels great to inhale from when it is in use.
They are both very easy to use since the included filling aid makes loading them a cinch. When it comes to using them, the Mighty has analog controls built into the device for precise temperature control, while the Crafty needs the smartphone app for that function.
Both are very low maintenance devices that rarely need cleaning, the entire top piece—or the cooling unit, as the manufacturer calls it—can be removed and is the only part of the vaporizer that gets dirty. So you can clean it every few weeks or just replace it every three to six months if you’re feeling lazy. Fortunately, you can get a replacement cooling unit for about $18.
Crafty vs Mighty
Both these vaporizers naturally have a lot in common, but they also have some significant differences, the most obvious one being their respective sizes. The Mighty is the larger of the two and is clearly meant for home use since carrying it around is tricky unless you put it in a backpack or purse. The Crafty is the more portable friendly option because of its more pocket-friendly size. Here are the rest of the features that each of them has.
- Both have an oven size of 0.3 grams
- Both have a Boost mode that gradually increases the temperature by 10°F
- The Crafty uses a smartphone app for precise temperature control | The Mighty has analog temperature controls on the device
- The Crafty can be charged via micro USB | The Mighty can only be charged using a proprietary wall adapter
- The Mighty heats up faster than the Crafty
- The Mighty has double the battery power of the Crafty
If you don’t mind the size of the Mighty, I think it’s the better option of the two.
Crafty Smartphone App
The smartphone app of the Crafty is fairly basic compared to other smartphone vaporizer apps on the market (such as IQ and Pax), but it does have some nice functionality. The main function is the precise temperature control, normally the Crafty has two preset settings of 356°F and 383°F, but with the app, it can be set in the range of 104°F to 410°F, the same as the Mighty.
The app can also be used to check the battery level and some of the settings and even turn on the Crafty remotely. You can also use the app to help find your Crafty if it gets lost by making it buzz and flash its lights.
How to Use
Using the Filling Aid
- Twist off the cooling unit to expose the herb chamber.
- Pour your ground herb into the filling aid.
- Firmly attach the filling aid to the herb chamber, remove the stopper from the filling aid and use it to sweep the herb through the open hole of the filling aid into the herb chamber. You also have the option of filling dosing capsules in advance and just popping them into the oven.
- Remove the filling aid and then reattach the cooling unit.
- Turn on the device and select your temperature.
- Once the vape finishes heating, swivel out the mouthpiece and inhale from it.
Vaping Tip: Get rid of the vaped herb as soon as your session ends. Carefully removing the cached herb while the chamber is still hot will prevent it from sticking to the filter or the chamber. Wondering how to know when the herb is cashed? This guide will tell you how to know when it’s time to replace the herb in the oven.
Performance and Vapor Quality
Performance: The Crafty takes about two to three minutes to heat up and the Mighty takes about ninety seconds, which is on the longer side. The draw resistance is very low and vaping from the swiveling mouthpiece feels great.
Vapor Quality: The Crafty and Mighty both use a hybrid convection/conduction heating system that produces thick, flavorful vapor that makes the long heat time worth waiting for. The vapor stays cool throughout each session so the vaping experience remains pleasurable throughout.
Battery Life: Even after a boost of 20%, the battery life of the Crafty is lower than average, lasting for just over an hour. It charges up in about two hours and you can use it after it has been charging for twenty minutes. If that sounds like too much of a hassle, then you can get the Mighty instead, it has a battery life of a whopping two and a half hours.
Crafty/Mighty vs Pax 3 vs Arizer Solo 2
|Category||Crafty/ Mighty||Pax 3||Solo 2|
|Compatible with||Dry herb, Wax||Dry herb, Wax||Dry herb|
|Battery Life||65 min/ 2.5 hrs||90 minutes||3 hours|
|Warranty||2 years||10 years||2 years|
|Smartphone App||Crafty – Yes|
Mighty – No
|Price||$279/ $349 from Vape-Smart||$249 from Pax Vapor||$187 from Vape-Smart|
The Final Word
Even after all these years, the Crafty and the Mighty produce some of the best-tasting vapor on the market. They’re also some of the most durable vapes available, able to outlast even newer vaporizers. The only place where they fall short is their relatively slow heat-up times and the short battery life of the Crafty.
Who is it for: The Crafty is for vapers who want a combination of great vapor, ease of use, and low maintenance in a portable package. The Mighty has all of those qualities but is better suited for home use.
Who is it NOT for: If you need a vape with swappable batteries, these are not for you. Also if you’re looking for super-stealth (smaller) vapes, the Pax 3 and DaVinci IQ may be better options.
Crafty/ Mighty Coupon Codes (Authorized Dealers):
|Vape-Smart||$279 | $349||TVG10 for 10% off|
|Vape World||$279 | $349||TVG10 for 10% off|
|POTV||$279 | $349||N/a|