Best 510 Vape Pen Batteries
The Special K is a stealthy oil vape that's compatible with any 510-threaded CBD/THC carts. The fast heat time allows you to vape whenever you want, and it also has 3 temp settings to personalize your session. There are two refillable 1ml carts for your liquid extracts. Overall, these are the qualities of a functional and versatile oil vaporizer.
Best “Conceal Style” Batteries
“Conceal” style vaporizers mean that the oil cartridge is concealed inside the device. These vapes usually use a magnetic adapter to connect to any 510 thread cart.
The Yocan UNI line is a great example of good design progression at a very good price. But since there really is not much of a difference between all three devices, it all comes down to what you want out of a vaporizer. If you value discretion and portability, I’d highly recommend either the UNI or UNI S. If what you’re looking for is more control, or are still starting to experiment with your experience- the UNI Pro should be more your speed.
Best 510 CBD Cartridges
CBD Cartridges are the easiest way to enjoy CBD oil. The following are our favorite pre-filled carts, that will work with the vape pens mentioned on this page.
Bloom Farms CBD
Bloom Farms only use natural flavors and extracts in their CBD carts. There are currently four available flavors (Natural, Sequoia Mint, Stone Fruit & Blackberry) that have at least 60% cannabinoids which is enough to sustain your everyday needs. They also have tinctures that have higher CBD content and specifically made for heavy CBD users. Overall, Bloom Farms Carts & Tinctures are appealing for both beginners and experienced users.
Oil Vape Pen Buying Guide
What are Oil Vape Pens?
510 refers to the threading that connects between the battery and the cartridge. The first-generation e-cigs used a 510 thread, and since then, this became the standard connection type between batteries and vaping accessories. It is commonly used by both battery and Cartridge manufacturers. Using a standardized connection type makes batteries and accessories cross-compatible and very accessible. 510-Batteries are compatible with a variety of different components, most commonly- THC/CBD oil carts and Wax/Dab Atomizers.
Types of THC / CBD Oil Vaporizers
There are different types of concentrate vaporizers, but when vaping THC or CBD oil, your main options are-
- Pen Style– these batteries a long and round, making them look like a pen. A few examples are the G Pen Nova, KandyPens Battery, or the Atmos Nano
- Conceal– the cartridge is concealed inside the vape, and only the mouthpiece sticks out. A few examples are the KandyPens C-Box, or the PCKT One
- Box Mod– the cartridge is sitting on top of a box-shaped vape
- Disposable pens– the battery and cartridge are a single unit that comes fully charged and pre-filled, and can be used right out of the box.
Other differences between batteries can be
- Voltage– some batteries will have other voltage than others, making them more powerful.
- Temperature Settings– some batteries allow the user to control the voltage and, therefore, the temperature.
- Botton Activated / Draw Activated– batteries can be activated with a press of a button. Others auto-activate once you take a draw (inhale) through the cartridge, eliminating the need to press a button.
510-Threaded batteries can be used with:
Wax/Dab Atomizers– These atomizers (coils) are compatible with THC “solid-extracts.” A few examples are- crumble, honey, or wax. These coils are powerful and heat very fast. Usually, these coils are sold together with a vape pen, that is also 510 thread. We have a dedicated guide to dab pens that will explain further.
Oil Cartridges– This is the most common use for 510 Batteries. Pre-filled THC or CBD oils cartridges that are ready to be screwed in and used within seconds. Vaping oil cartridges is the easiest, least involved way to start vaping oil carts (cartridges)/
CBD / THC Carts
CBD can be derived from hemp, and therefore it is legal to sell in all 50 US states. There are a bunch of online stores that sell CBD vapes, edibles, tropicals, etc. But we always recommend buying only from reputable brands that display 3rd party lab results. Many bootleg carts are circulating the market, and you should only buy directly from the manufacture or brand to ensure authenticity.
THC is derived from Cannabis. Therefore it is not legal to ship across state lines and is only available in dispensaries in legal states. And the same advice goes here- Only buy from certified/ licensed dispensaries, never from a non-regulated entity.
How is oil different from wax?
Oil is, of course, a liquid that comes in various viscosity levels, some oils are thin, and others are denser, but they are all ultimately liquids. CBD/ THC oil typically comes in pre-filled cartridges that use the standard 510 thread and can be connected to any 510 battery.
Wax can come in a soft, semi-solid form as the name suggests, but it can also come in solid forms as well. The types of wax that go by names like- shatter, crumble, or honeycomb, are brittle solids that will nonetheless melt and vaporize when exposed to high enough temperatures.
Both wax and oil are extracted from the marijuana plant, but wax is far more potent. There are other differences between wax and oil, and we break them down in this post.
Some batteries include a refillable oil tank, but you won’t find any that include pre-filled cartridges, those are sold separately. You can also buy pre-filled carts online.
Neither type is necessarily better than the other, it depends on your vaping style. Pen-style batteries are a little easier to vape from since their length makes them easier to hold. However, that means that it can be difficult to transport with the cartridge attached. Box style, conceal vaporizers are the opposite, highly portable, but not as comfortable to vape from. Pen-style batteries can also use any sized cartridge, but most box style batteries can only accommodate cartridges of a certain size.
- Conceal – The type of battery where the cartridge is inserted into it so that only the mouthpiece sticks out.
- Pre-filled Cartridge – A cartridge that comes filled with THC or CBD oil.
- Oil Tank – An empty tank that can be filled with the THC or CBD oil of your choosing.
- Variable Voltage – A battery that allows you to select from a set of different voltage settings.
- Fixed Voltage – A battery that only has one non-adjustable voltage setting.