The Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is a very compact vaping device with only 72mm in total height. It has a maximum output of 80 watts on a Single Battery configuration. It has a feature of Bypass mode just like the power of a full mechanical device, this mode will drain your battery to its maximum capability.
BEST DEAL: $35.00 from Heaven Gifts save 22% off
Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Review: Background
We have previously reviewed one kit from Aspire Company which is the Skystar Revvo Kit. We gave a good feedback about this kit because of its new and revolutionary Atomizer which is the Revvo Sub-Ohm Tank, a tank with a new coil system to what they called the ARC.
Now, comes this new product from the same vaping manufacturer, The Aspire Cygnet Box Mod ($35.00 from Heaven Gifts), a very compact device that house single external 18650 Battery (view on Amazon). A maximum power of 80 watts that can still fire up Sub-Ohm coil builds.
What’s in the Box?
What will you get on Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Package?
- 1x Aspire CYGNET Box Mod
- USB Cable
- Warranty Card
- User Manual
Key Features: Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Review
What are the key features of Aspire Cygnet Box Mod?
Aspire CYGNET Box Mod
- 80 Watts Maximum Output – With 80 watts of maximum output for a Single Battery Box Mod, this would be strong. It is good that the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod can reach up to 80 watts to power up your Sub-Ohm builds. But I would not personally recommend getting this high to save your batteries from stressing it out.
- Bypass Mode – At first glance, I though Aspire Cygnet is a full mechanical box mod, it looks like a mechanical device with a full metal bottom and top part. It is a regulated mod, but it has a feature that can perform like a full mechanical device with its Bypass Mode.
- Safety Internal Features – The Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is packed with some safety features such as Overcharging protection, Short Circuit Protection, Reverse Polarity Protection etc. This will greatly benefit beginners.
- Comfortable Grip – Considering that the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod has metal parts, it is still designed to be comfortable while using, there are no sharp edges. All are smooth and has a nice grip on it.
- Compact Size – One of the key features that I like with the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is its very compact size, designing the battery slot extended and lower than the 510 connector. It will be a good device to carry anywhere.
Design: Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Review
The overall design of Aspire Cygnet Box Mod reminds me of our two previously reviewed vaping device, which is the iStick Pico and iJoy CAPO. This Box Mod has a similar design where the 18650 battery extends lower than the 510 connector, this kind of design has the advantage to reduce the overall height, which results in a compact vaping device.
The difference that the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod will have is that the battery cap will be located at the bottom, compare to Pico and Capo where battery cap is located at the top. Now, for the overall aesthetics, I think it is okay, the only color option that I would personally have is the combination of Black and Red.
Performance: Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Review
The overall performance with 80 watts of maximum output for Single Battery Box Mod will be enough, it can still fire a Sub-Ohm build. I think that the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is better on using with Tanks with higher resistance builds, or any Atomizers with single coil builds.
This vaping device house single external 18650 Battery (view on Amazon), it will last you about half a day on continuous vaping. I also like that this box mod has a Bypass Mode which allows me to convert it with a similar performance like a full mechanical device.
Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Kit VS Similar Mods
What is the key difference of Aspire Cygnet Box Mod to other Mods?
- iStick Pico vs Aspire Cygnet Box Mod – These two Box mods are considered as a compact vaping device, a single battery mod. They have a very similar performance in terms of maximum wattage output. iStick Pico will be much lighter with its aluminum body. Aspire Cygnet Box Mod, on the other hand, feels like a real mechanical mod with its material used.
- iJoy CAPO 100w vs Aspire Cygnet Box Mod – These Box Mods has a similar design with extended battery slot, where it is lower than the 510 connector. Both are compact and can be used as an ‘on-the-go mod’. Little advantage of Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is being a hybrid of full mechanical and regulated device.
Final Thoughts: Aspire Cygnet Box Mod Review
In terms of overall performance of Aspire Cygnet Box Mod ($35.00 from Heaven Gifts) as a Single Battery vaping device, 80 watts will be enough to fire up a regular resistance build. Pairing it with high resistance Tanks will be good.
The Aspire Cygnet Box Mod is a true compact vaping device and designed to have a comfortable grip which is a plus for me. With its design and performance, can this box mod make it to our Best Vape Mod of 2018?
Where to buy the Aspire Cygnet Box Mod?
- Buy from Heaven Gifts