Arizer Air 2 vs Arizer Solo 2 Comparison: Battle for Supremacy of the Weed Vaporizers!
I don’t need to tell you that the Arizer Solo 2 (Full Review | Buy) and the Arizer Air 2 (Full Review | Buy) are from the same company and have the same level of quality. I probably don’t need to tell you that they’re both dry herb vaporizers with very similar feature sets that many of the Best Dry Herb Vaporizers also have.
I probably do need to tell you that the Solo 2 is better for home vaping and that the Air 2 is better for treks and trips. I definitely need to tell you which of these premium weed vapes is better suited for you. Good thing you’re already in the right place, so let’s get going!
Arizer Air 2 vs Arizer Solo 2: Design and Features
- Despite being slightly taller than the Solo 2, The Air 2 is the more portable of the two. That’s mainly because the Air 2 is skinnier and can slip into pockets, purses, nooks, and crannies. You’ll have to remove the mouthpiece first though.
- Unless you’re wearing clown pants, the Solo 2 is not fitting into any pockets. Even if you remove the glass mouthpiece, it’s too thick to fit anywhere convenient. The Solo 2 will be a stay-at-home weed vape for most users.
Oven and Heating System
- Oven size for each dry herb vape = 0.2 grams = ~12-15 hits
- Both dry herb vapes use a convection heating system. With this system hot air passes over the herb to produce the vapor.
The Arizer Solo 2
- Sturdy, solid feeling build
- Simple power and temperature controls
- OLED screen clearly displays info on temp and battery
- Very easy to load and clean
- Glass mouthpieces provide cool, pure vapor
- Fairly bland look
- Large size limits portability
- Glass mouthpiece is susceptible to breakage
The Arizer Air 2
- Fits comfortably in the hand
- Power and temp controls are easy to use
- Removable battery adds convenience
- Glass vapor path
- Low maintenance
- Glass mouthpiece can limit portability
- Glass mouthpieces need careful protection in outdoor settings
The Air 2 and Solo 2 are each compatible with dry herb and they can both function as aromatherapy diffusers.
Device Longevity and Reliability
Solo 2 – The original Solo had great longevity and reliability and Arizer’s standards haven’t fallen since then. The Solo 2 is still going strong with no complaints from us.
*Warranty Info: Heating element – lifetime | Unit – 2 years | Battery – 1 year
Air 2 – The original Air had great longevity and reliability and Arizer’s standards haven’t fallen since then. No, you didn’t just experience deja vu, Arizer just has a great reputation when it comes to reliability and customer service. So we fully expect the Air 2 to be problem free, but if anything goes wrong, you guys will be the first to know.
*Warranty Info: Heating element – lifetime | Unit – 2 years
Battery life and Charging
Arizer Solo 2
- Long battery life of approximately 3 hours
- Can be charged in 90 minutes via wall charger
- Provides ~30 hits per charge
- Pass through charging is possible after 5-10 minutes of charging
Arizer Air 2
- Removable battery can be switched w/ a fresh one when necessary
- Battery life of 60-75 minutes
- 3-4 hour charge time via USB cable
- Pass through charging is possible after 15-20 minutes of charging
Air 2 v Solo 2: Ease of use
- Easy to use
- Simple to load
- Requires very little cleaning
- Simple to use
- Herb loading is easy
- Low maintenance
The Arizer Air 2 vs the Arizer Solo 2: Device Differences in Practice
Using the Arizer Air 2
These are the steps necessary to use the Arizer Air 2:
- Power up the Air 2 by holding down the power button for 3 seconds.
- Choose your temperature using the up and down arrows.
- Place the base of the mouthpiece into your herb, remove it and tap the packed herb slightly to create a slight gap between the herb and the base opening.
- Put the mouthpiece on the herb chamber and inhale to enjoy the vapor.
Using the Arizer Solo 2
Take the following steps to use the Arizer Solo 2:
- Fill the bottom of one of the glass tubes with herb and stick it in the herb chamber.
- Turn on the Solo 2 by holding down the menu button.
- Select the temperature in 1° or 10° increments by tapping or holding down the up-down buttons respectively.
- Once the selected temp has been reached, you’re good to go.
Both the Air 2 and the Solo 2 feature identical loading and power up processes. They’re both easy to use and they both benefit from the use of the borosilicate glass mouthpieces to load the herb.
The reason is that the herb doesn’t come into contact with any foreign material that could affect its purity or taste so the flavor remains pure. Also, since borosilicate has a high temperature tolerance, you don’t have to worry about using either weed vaporizer at high temperatures.
Arizer Air 2 vs Arizer Solo 2: Final Thoughts
You can see that there isn’t much between the Arizer Air 2 (Full Review | Buy) and the Arizer Solo 2 (Full Review | Buy). The choice for you comes down to the following question, are you an indoor vaper or do you prefer to take your vaping on the road?
The Solo 2 is great for a weekend (or anytime) hang alone or with friends. The substantial battery life and excellent vapor quality mean that you’ll be having a good time for a long time. The Air 2 is (ironically) better for solo users who want a high quality vaporizer that they can take to the great outdoors. The glass mouthpiece can make carrying the entire unit around kind of awkward so I’d advise you to use the included carry case. It can hold the Air 2, one of the mouthpieces and an extra battery.
Now the choice is up to you and you have all the information you need to make that choice. If you want some more choices, take a look at our list of the Best Dry Herb Vaporizers available.
The Arizer Air 2
- Retails for $229.95 from Vape-Smart, use coupon code TVG10 for a 10% discount
- Borosilicate glass mouthpieces deliver cool, pure vapor
- Very easy to load for newbies or veterans
- Removable battery provides added convenience
- Little maintenance required – just clean the mouthpiece periodically with isopropyl alcohol
- Can be used as an aromatherapy device
The Arizer Solo 2
- Retails for $249.99 from Vape-Smart, use coupon code TVG10 for a 10% discount
- Simple to load for vapers of any level of experience
- Borosilicate glass mouthpieces cool down flavor and preserve herb purity
- Quick charge time + long battery life
- Low maintenance device – use isopropyl alcohol to clean mouthpieces occasionally
- Can double as an aromatherapy device